The structure is situated in one of the most beautiful building of the late 1800’s Taorminese architecture . It belonged to the “Opera Pia”’s nuns and during the second World War was used from the
Anglo-Americans Army as military post .After that it became property of the local municipality and was used as an elementary school. Casa Turchetti owes its name to the “Maestro Turchetti” who was a great musician that first held his lesson in the house and later turned it in a very important School for Musicians .
Not far from the gourgeous panoramic “Belvedere “ square , and just upon it , the house is situated in the heart of Taormina , almost in the middle between Porta Messina and Porta Catania That are the doors of the ancient town. The building has been recently and completely renovated either in its external wallfaces and in its inside but always respecting the old style and the traditional local architecture.
In all rooms well restored it’s possible to feel the characteristic atmosphere of the late 1800’s houses.